Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Just Another Buzzfeed Post

I open up to Buzzfeed, of course after Facebook, to procrastinate from doing any actual work. Thinking I would have to search "Disney" in the search box, I was happy to see "16 Disney Princesses Ranked by Intelligence" at the top of the home page. I clicked on the link and found it hilarious. The authors ranked the princesses with witty comments explaining their reasonings. My favorite is their reasoning for ranking Belle number two was "This girl reads. A lot."

Ultimately they ranked Tiana from Princess and the Frog as number one. I would definitely have to agree with this. As one of the more recent Disney films, it shows that the Disney princesses have developed much more complex characteristics than the original Disney princesses. Tiana works hard to try to fulfill her and her dad's dreams of opening their own restaurant. Viewers can immediately see her motivation. I personally found it inspiring. Even though she was sometimes put down and defeated, after an interesting journey, Tiana ultimately opens up her restaurant. Her hard work had paid off in the end. Disney depicted Tiana as an intelligent worker who was determined to achieve her goal. 



Here is the link below!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/leonoraepstein/disney-princesses-ranked-by-intelligence

No comments:

Post a Comment